Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Let's hope that this guy is wrong

#1 by Sheldonboy , Thu May 05, 2011 5:15 am

An attack on the UK is highly likely and could occur without warning at any time following the death of Osama bin Laden, Britain's most senior police officer has warned.
Sir Paul Stephenson said it was vital that communities remained vigilant and urged members of the public to "trust their instincts" and report "any suspicious behaviour which may be terrorist-related".
"Vigilance should be our watchword," the Metropolitan Police commissioner added.
In his first speech since returning to work after surgery, Sir Paul said the "severe" threat from international terrorism was "not a bureaucratic description, but rather a factual assessment of the reality of the threat we face".
"To be blunt it means that an attack is highly likely and could occur without warning at any time.
"As Government, the police and the security service assess the impact and consequences of the death of Osama bin Laden, it is clear that there can be no let up in our vigilance."
Sir Paul said: "Osama bin Laden led an organisation which is responsible for the injury and death of thousands of people worldwide in the name of an extreme and perverted ideology, committed to the use of terror and murder to achieve their aims.
"However, one man's death does not mark the end of an ideology and we must remain alert to the continuing threat from al Qaida, its affiliates and those acting alone.
"The police and security services will continue to work locally, nationally and with our international partners to do everything possible to counter the terrorist threat.
"But we cannot do this alone, we need the help of the public to protect the country from the threat of terrorism."

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

RE: Let's hope that this guy is wrong

#2 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu May 05, 2011 9:09 am

SB

I think this was an expected reaction to the death of Bin Laden. Its obvious to me that his supporters are not going to let his death pass unmarked by their own brand of savagery. They have already arrested 5 men under the terrorism act near to Sellafield Nuclear Facility.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil
Last edited Thu May 05, 2011 9:10 am | Top

#3 by Deleted User , Thu May 05, 2011 7:16 pm

I dread to think what could happen.

#4 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu May 05, 2011 7:45 pm

Denise

Take my advice and stay away from crowded places for a short while, mind you I think you will be reasonably safe in Lichfield I can't recall a terrorist attack there ever. As my wife and I rarely go anywhere I think we would be moderately safe. I'm not one for this idea of not changing your lifestyle when terrorist attacks are imminent. It's OK for these politicians who hand out this guff they have bodyguards and security and everywhere they go is screened before they attend.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#5 by Sheldonboy , Thu May 05, 2011 8:01 pm

Without wishing to be alarmist, I think this is a great possibility. There are one or two targets in Birmingham that would leave awful consequences..

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#6 by Deleted User , Thu May 05, 2011 9:49 pm

don't think you can protect yourself now.If a plane can be flew into a building what can you do.

The world has gone mad.

#7 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu May 05, 2011 10:00 pm

Denise

But would you choose to fly anywhere at the moment or choose to holiday in the location of a nuclear power plant or even visit somewhere where there would be thousands of other people?

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#8 by signman ( deleted ) , Fri May 06, 2011 8:22 am

I don't think we will be the target.
It's just been revealed according to documents found in his house he was planning to derail a train in the USA and send it plunging into a ravine.
Also other attacks on September 11th.
That stupid so and so the Archbishop of Canterbury saying that he felt uneasy for the killing of an unarmed man,what about all the people in the World Trade Centre.
Religion- waste of space.

signman

#9 by Sheldonboy , Fri May 06, 2011 8:29 pm

Posted by signman
I don't think we will be the target.
It's just been revealed according to documents found in his house he was planning to derail a train in the USA and send it plunging into a ravine.
Also other attacks on September 11th.
That stupid so and so the Archbishop of Canterbury saying that he felt uneasy for the killing of an unarmed man,what about all the people in the World Trade Centre.
Religion- waste of space.

Bin Laden, as regards being unarmed. He may have been unarmed in his house at the time of the attack. But he was armed at all times with an army of Fanatics.
No-one knows what others around the world have in the pipeline and are ready to do in his name. Bin Laden is now a Martr watch this space.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Last edited 05.06.2011 | Top

#10 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri May 06, 2011 8:37 pm

I don't think many of those at the World Trade Centre were armed were they?

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#11 by Sheldonboy , Fri May 06, 2011 8:42 pm

That's the great thing about terrorism, they don't have to do anything. But the west will still be scared that they might. When that fear fades. Then they will.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#12 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri May 06, 2011 9:10 pm

SB

At my age I'm scared of nothing, I've done all I'm ever going to do. No I just fear for my family.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#13 by Sheldonboy , Fri May 06, 2011 9:12 pm

Posted by phil
SB

At my age I'm scared of nothing, I've done all I'm ever going to do. No I just fear for my family.

Phil

Very true and right. But there is still an element of fear there. as with all of us we hope our own is being kept safe.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#14 by handlebar ( deleted ) , Sat May 07, 2011 8:17 pm

I can understand the authorities being concerned but when nothing happens vigilance turns to complacency and it's then the fireworks start. It's a matter of time really. I guess the cities are the obvious choice. plenty of people, plenty of damage. With friends of the 'bin' in probably almost every county it shouldn't be too hard to arrange. I suppose those who insist on being the worlds policemen must expect to be the prime recipients of retaliation. I refuse to allow these people to frighten me. We didn't let Hitler so why should we let anyone else?

handlebar

#15 by Sheldonboy , Sat May 07, 2011 8:55 pm

You are right not to be afraid in a scared sense.
I think we must all be afraid that this may happen. Remembering a certain 21st November in 1974 in The Mulberry Bush and The Tavern in the Town Pubs.
To think this may never happen would be a grave error.
Birmingham has I know contingency plans for just such an event. As most cities would have I am sure.
If our sword shaking government thinks that they can Police the Middle east with out reprisals they are very stupid, not forgetting the enemy within. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Lib Dem Rout

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor