Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Calthorpe Park and Sutton Park

#16 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:47 pm

Lynn

If you have the photo of Pimaston House, then I have no doubt that you have these also.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

Attached pictures:
You do not have the necessary rights to view attached pictures
phil

Pitmaston Moor Green

#17 by Stirling Single , Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:38 am

Phil,
Are you able to give me dates on the 1st three pictures - Haven't seen those before. Thanks.
Are they all Moor Green Lane.

The train one I have but not as clear of the buildings in the background, were did you find this one.

In that last picture - when you would have gone out through that far away gate into the field, that would have been were the telegraph poles were.
Lynn.

Stirling Single  
Stirling Single
Date registered 03.12.2011

RE: Pitmaston Moor Green

#18 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:51 am

Lynn

Most of my photos are tagged as that the only way I can keep a track of them. If you run your mouse over the thumbnail image it will give a brief description and date if there is one available. These 3 photos were taken in 1932 and come from the Images of England book Moseley,Balsall Heath & Highgate by Marian Baxter & Peter Drake published by Tempus Publishing at £10.99. The first photo is of Holders Lane and the second two are Moor Green Lane.

As I say I have about 15000 photos on file but I have thousands more in books, so I often have little knowledge of what I do have exactly and it sometimes takes me a little while to sort out individual subjects and I very often say I haven't got something when I in fact have.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#19 by Stirling Single , Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:33 am

Phil,
Thanks, but unfortunately when I run my mouse over the picture it just turns into a hand but doesn't give me any info. Should I be doing something else as well but it is defnitely not coming up with what the picture has been labelled.
Lynn.

Stirling Single  
Stirling Single

#20 by Stirling Single , Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:37 am

Phil,
May I ask, were did you find the long train picture. Lynn.

Stirling Single  
Stirling Single

#21 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:21 pm

Lynn

When you run your mouse over the thumbnail photo (I am talking about before you enlarge it) does it not display a tag under the hand pointer? If not I don't understand why, does anybody else have a similar problem? By the way I got the train photos from the same book as the street scenes.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#22 by Stirling Single , Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:42 pm

Phil,
Thank-you again for all that you have sent me.
I shall continue to ask about Calthorpe Park for you and hopefully come up with something. Lynn.

Stirling Single  
Stirling Single

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Google Street View.

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor