Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

White elephant!!

#1 by mikejee , Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:48 am

A "committee " has declared that the new High speed link is a wasteful white elephant and a waste of money. I would personally think that it would have been better to improve the general rail network, but there is no doubt that the scheme will improve the country's transport system. Whay really gets me (stir, stir !) is that one of the main members of this "committee" is the chairman of Next, who encourage (for excessive profit) millions of women to waste their money and the country's resources on continually (every few weeks) replacing their wardrobe with new (often hideous for the shock effect) clothes.
I await the storm from the female members !

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

RE: White elephant!!

#2 by Voltman , Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:38 am

I rather suspect our lady members have more sense that that Mike, and therefore won't be the least put out by your comments.

CATS leave paw prints on your HEART.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#3 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:01 am

If course it's a white elephant and a waste of taxpayers money. As I have already said the now estimated £33 Billion is a huge drain on our economy, for what so a few fat cat commuters can get a few extra minutes in bed. I would not be surprised of by the time they get round to the ground breaking ceremony it hasn't risen to £50 Billion and by the time its completed it will be £100 Billion like that plastic tent in London.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#4 by Sheldonboy , Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:03 pm

This HST is too much money to spend to benefit so few people. If anyone needs to get to London so fast they could fly it may even be cheaper.

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#5 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:33 pm

What gets me is why anybody would be in a hurry to get to London, the good thing is its high speed each way. What really gets me is why London has to be included in everything. Why not a high speed link between Bristol, Birmingham, Leeds & Manchester. That would make more sense to me.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#6 by Sheldonboy , Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:48 pm

Posted by phil
What gets me is why anybody would be in a hurry to get to London, the good thing is its high speed each way. What really gets me is why London has to be included in everything. Why not a high speed link between Bristol, Birmingham, Leeds & Manchester. That would make more sense to me.

Phil

Phil perhaps there is a hidden agenda to extend The HST network to other main cities if this fiasco works..
yes I know that originally the country side was dug up to make our once great railway system. But in the first place it was for goods/coal minerals etc. Passenger trains were a by product. There must be a few choice villages to bulldoze out of the way. The Government hasn't managed to brass the entire country off yet. SB

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Young Britons Foundation.

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor