Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Lib Dems Get a Kicking

#1 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:09 am

The Liberal Democrats have admitted they "got a kicking" in the Barnsley Central by-election, after finishing sixth behind by the UK Independence Party, the British National Party and an independent candidate.

They of course put it down to all the usual reasons that are trotted out on these by election failures but I think that from second to sixth place and a loss of their deposit shows a little more than that. The only thing that I hope is this thrashing leads to them seeing the error of their ways and results in a change of policy.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

RE: Lib Dems Get a Kicking

#2 by mikejee , Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:50 pm

Phil
I'm sure it will, but was interested in what the independent that got more votes than them was pushing . He seems to be someone you would support , judging from a 2010 election leaflet at http://www.electionleaflets.org/leaflets/4379/ , though am still not entirely convinced the two photos on it are the same person.
Mike

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#3 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:13 pm

Mike

I couldn't get any of the on page links to work, but the information that was there made them look like a pretty straightforward looking guys with the right idea. Though I would have to know a lot more about them before they got my vote. The problem is that most politicians who talk sense and say what you want to hear are often hiding EDL. NF, & BNP credentials.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil
Last edited Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:14 pm | Top

#4 by Sheldonboy , Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:13 pm

I think Nick Cleggs, performance so far has been Abysmal. I think the Lib Dems will eventually bin him off. I don't think there will be any shortage of takers for job as leader if they think that they will get to be Deputy Prime Minister. I can see the Tories shifting Cameron too. SB

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

RE: Lib Dem's Get a Kicking

#5 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:52 pm

I think a big decider will come after the Scottish General Elections in May, Lets see if the Lib Dem's can maintain the 20 seats that they have there, even though what happens here doesn't affect them as much as it does us.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

RE: Lib Dem's Get a Kicking

#6 by Sheldonboy , Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:02 pm

I think the sort of thing brassing people off is, Scotland abolishing prescription charges while ours are going up. Espescially considering our budget cuts.

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
The Death of The Bank Cheque

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor