Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

EU courts Ruling

#1 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:11 am

The European Court of Justice in Luxembourg has been meddling in things that don’t concern them again. European judges have outlawed the setting of car insurance premiums based on gender. They say that this practice is unlawful and has to stop by December 2012.

Insurance companies have always settled their rates of insurance on statistics and these statistics have always shown that women are safer drivers. This being so they can get up to 25% more discount on rates than men can.

I see a couple of flaws with this ruling, does this mean that the rates will even out for both sexes or will it just increase for women drivers thereby increasing profits for the insurance companies.

The other thing is, I now see the boy racers approaching the European Courts with the same idea in mind claiming higher rates for them is ageist and thereby unlawful.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

RE: EU courts Ruling

#2 by Voltman , Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:54 am

This is just the inevitable result of anti discrimination laws.

CATS leave paw prints on your HEART.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#3 by mikejee , Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:34 pm

Presumably if you have a life shortening disease such as MS, then they can't increase the premiums because this would be discriminating against the disabled ??!!

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#4 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:37 am

I know this Court of Human Rights is getting too big for its boots and out of control. Don't they realise that in this case all they will do is force prices up for everyone. Next you will hear them saying that no claims bonus's are discriminatory.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#5 by Sheldonboy , Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:39 pm

We all know that not all of our laws and rules are completely fair. But most of our laws have evolved as our population have. Meddling from other countries in my view is not welcome.

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#6 by phil ( deleted ) , Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:05 pm

The thing is, all this meddling with our laws, buying up our industry , settling here with their families is much easier for them. They have all tried invading us and that didn't work so they got their heads together and came up with this.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#7 by Voltman , Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:14 am

The Court of Human Rights, if there is such a thing, clearly has only one function. What do you expect them to do? In order to keep the gravy train going they have to keep turning out judgements, no matter how stupid or pointless they may be.
It's the same with all government departments that are set up for a specific task, they soon achieve the aim of their existence but don't know when to stop.

CATS leave paw prints on your HEART.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Madonna

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor