Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Aid for India

#1 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:22 am

I heard on the radio this morning (radio 4 Today) that we give £1 billion in aid to India each year. Now I am all for helping and giving aid to poor and underdeveloped countries, but India spends £31 billion a year on defence and has a space programme.

We are cutting our defence budget by billions of pounds ans scrapping parts of out armed services, and I'm not sure do we have a space programme at all? Now I'm not saying stop our aid programme to these countries, but surely we need a rethink on those that need it.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

RE: Aid for India

#2 by mikejee , Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:25 am

I expect one of Cameron's or Osborne's companies (stake held in trust at the moment of course, as if that made any difference) has a big stake in using the aid money

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#3 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:33 am

Mike

Would I be that cynical to think that?

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#4 by Sheldonboy , Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:23 pm

All of our Foreign Aid needs to be looked at. We are not a super rich world power anymore. We have enough to pay for with our own financial problems. We cannot expect to be able to send billions overseas and still be taxed to the hilt, and see our services diminish.

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#5 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:08 am

Crikey, I'll be having another rant in a minute, it's about time we stopped giving any of these other countries any aid whatsoever.
My grandson and several of his mates have just been told they are no longer being kept on in the RAF after 10 years service, they have all been finished last week and are on full pay until May, all asked to sign the official secrets act again and told to vacate their place of residence by then.

signman

#6 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:43 am

John

The next thing you will hear about is French forces moving into those camps and living quarters being vacated by our lads & lasses.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#7 by Voltman , Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:00 am

Don't worry chaps, I'll pay for it all.
I already seem to be funding every other pontless expense this country can invent, whilst being told I can't have the bins emptied and I won't be protected by armes forces anymore.
How much do they need? I'll write a cheque, while we can still use them.

CATS leave paw prints on your HEART.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Bank Subsidies

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor