Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

MP’s vote down convicts right to vote.

#1 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:34 pm

What makes me sick about this vote, is not the result, I don’t care if convicts can vote or not. The only thing I will say is they probably wouldn’t vote if they were not locked up anyway.

What annoys me is, how many directives how come down from the EU that affect the lives of the ordinary man and woman in the street and when we have complained the stock answer from Parliament has been well there is nothing that can be done about it.

So the EU passes down a directive that affects MP’s especially those in a constituency where there is a prison and what do you know it gets voted down.

Mind you it is popular at the moment to give the EU a bad name, it takes the public eyes away from the real double dealing and skulduggery that is going on around us. What I want to know is, are we going to cherry pick which laws that we want to adopt now?

Why don’t they just take us out? I am willing to have a little bet now that some time during this term Cameron will give the usual promise to take us out or have a referendum but it will be in the next term of government and only of course if he is re-elected

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

RE: MP’s vote down convicts right to vote.

#2 by mikejee , Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:45 pm

Phil
I'm not too bothered about the EU, but i think the most important point is your fourth paragraph. Personally i think the only reason anti EU politicians go on about it is that they are afraid their own nasty corrupt little schemes might be found out or prevented by an outside authority who they couldn't bribe or sleep with to get their own way. Sure the EU people are probably just as corrupt, but local UK politicians find it more difficult to influence them, and that isa why they don't like the idea of the EU - nothing to do with the "patriotic " words they spout

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#3 by Deleted User , Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:46 pm

I suppose if you are locked up part of the punishment is to take away many of your rights so I would count being able to vote one of them.

#4 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:07 pm

I would think if you commit a crime against society and you are caught and convicted of that crime and locked away from society as punishment that would preclude you from taking part in the normal actions of the society that you have been withdrawn from. In plain English you should loose the right to vote, but if they are desperate they can have mine because I don't use it.

What I thought was disgusting was the amount of MP's that bothered to turn up for what in one way was an important vote inasmuch as it was a defiance of the EU. Only just over a third could be bothered to turn out to vote a total of 256 out 650 I suppose they thought they couldn't claim enough expenses for turning out for the vote.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#5 by Sheldonboy , Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:54 pm

As you say Phil, No the convicts shouldn't get the vote. They are there as a punishment. Mind you in that case maybe they should be made to vote.

I started out with nothing and Iv'e still got most of it left

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#6 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:11 pm

I've an even better idea, make them share a cell with David Cameron & Nick Clegg. They would promise to go straight to get out of there then.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#7 by Sheldonboy , Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:30 pm

Posted by phil
I've an even better idea, make them share a cell with David Cameron & Nick Clegg. They would promise to go straight to get out of there then.

Phil

phil no-one does anything bad enough.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#8 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:42 pm

I know, given the choice I'd choose the death penalty.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#9 by Sheldonboy , Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:49 pm

Phil given the choice i'de give it to you.[Laugh Out Loud]

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Race horses die

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor