Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Privileged MP's

#1 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:15 pm

I was reading an article in the Mirror today, it says that the biggest majority of our MP’s are posh privileged and out of touch.

Only 1 in 25 has ever had a manual job
10% went to one of the top 13 schools, 12 of those being private (I think most of these are in the Cabinet).
Only 50% of MP’s went to state school
34% of all MP’s went to private schools.

How can most of these people ever hope to know how the majority of us have to live?

Make Love, Not War

phil

RE: Privileged MP's

#2 by mikejee , Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:30 pm

I wouldn't argue at what you are meaning Phil, but am not sure the term "manual jobs" is the right one. The jobs for those without higher qualifications seems more and more to be non-manual ( and probably less well paid than the traditional manual jobs). I mean call centres and the like. These often do not even give a sense of having made or acheived something useful

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#3 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:41 pm

Mike

Manual was the term used by the Mirror, and I agree it is an ambiguous term, I think in this instance it was used to represent non managerial or white collar work. In plain words good old English factory fodder, but more likely to include fast food workers and shop assistants.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#4 by berniew , Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Not much fodder required now Phil but a lot more factories would help no end .
Bernie

berniew  
berniew
Date registered 12.28.2009

#5 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:53 pm

I see that our pampered privileged MP's are complaining about the new expenses system. David Cameron has already hinted at changes being made to the new system. One MP complained that she had had a frugal Christmas because her expenses claim hadn't been met on time. I feel really sorry if MP's can't manage on their basic salary of £65.000 p.a. along with their second jobs, committees and quangos. It's so unreasonable that being as they are all so well known for their honesty that they have to wait whilst their claims are checked.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Multicultureism a failed doctrin

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor