Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Tory Twitter

#1 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:15 pm

I do not want to be seen standing up for a Tory, even less to I want to be known as someone who stands up for a racist.

Tory Councillor Gareth Compton makes poorly conceived joke on his Twitter site in reply to Councillor Yasmin Alibhai-Brown appearance on a a Radio 5 programme this is the statement all the fuss is over

"Can someone please stone Yasmin Alibhai-Brown to death? I shan't tell Amnesty if you don't. It would be a blessing, really."

It was obviously said as a joke, but the Tory twitter has been arrested and indefinitely suspended from the party (at least one good thing has come out of this).

But to hear Ms Alibhai-Brown speak he is a worse the worse racist that ever lived and I think she wants him hung drawn and quartered.

What a complete waste of time and public money, a good telling off and a public apology should have been more than enough.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

RE: Tory Twitter

#2 by mikejee , Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:40 pm

Phil
I would agree that the entire matter has probably been exagerated out of proportion.
However also showing up today in the papers is the matter of lying to the electorate. To my mind the entire matter of lying is not treated seriously enough. The Woolas bloke is suspended and removed from parliament because he lied ABOUT ANOTHER POLITICIAN. But politicians lie all the time. Today it emerges that Clegg had already decided to not oppose student course charges some time before he made a video for the union of students saying he would always oppose charges. Whatever you think about students (and degrees in Golf, Football, Managment at Macdonalds and Media studies are just plain ridiculous) , Clegg has not been chucked out of parliament . Nor has Cameron for his lies. The point is these lies were "only " made about voters, not politicians, and so they are just "naughty" and are accepted.
Mike

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#3 by Deleted User , Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:24 pm

I just thought the whole thing was disgusting.

#4 by Sheldonboy , Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:09 am

What must be remembered about being an MP is the Operation

[It's A knockout]

Brain Removal

Brummies Talking....... Get the Buzz
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Australia and Aborigines

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor