If all else fails Read the instructions

Show me a sane man and I will cure him for you. Carl Gustav Jung

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

RE: MY FAVOURITE HOLIDAY PLACES

#17 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:11 pm

I know the English keep escaping to Scotland.

phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#18 by Sheldonboy , Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:27 pm

I have been to Scotland a couple of times, stayed mainly in the Argyle area. I have stayed in Dalmally about 25 miles from Oban. Also managed to see Stirling, Fort William, The lovely Iona and many other places in and around the Highlands.

Both times, travelling for a week each time with HIGHLAND HERITAGE hotels owned and operated by IAN CLEAVER. A Highlander himself, Ian came out of the Merchant Navy and started his own hotel chain. his hospitality food , prices, tours and srevice are second to none. Check em out.
http://www.highlandheritage.co.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Last edited 01.03.2010 | Top

#19 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:56 am

Hi all,
I've travelled all over the uk apart from Ireland, not many places I haven't seen.
Malta is another favourite, Spain, Sweden also, but my all-time favourite is the USA, I've driven right across on route 66, driven all over the southern states and smoky mountains, and toured California and up the Pacific coast highway.
I've only got to get behind the wheel and there's no stopping me, have loads of photos if anyone's interested.
Regards John.

signman

#20 by Sheldonboy , Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:54 am

Hello Signman
I am also a bit of a photofreak. It would have been a great shame if you had done all that travelling and not used a camera. I look forward to seeing your pictures mate. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#21 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:02 am

Morning SB,
Yes, give me a camera and a good set of wheels and I'm gone with the wind.
Have put a few pics in a Birmingham gallery I started on here, when I've sorted them I'll start a USA one.

signman

#22 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:12 am

John

Those are some of the best photos I have seen of Birmingham, well done you. I especially like the one of Bull Ring Bully. I see that you have retouched one or two, is the one that you retouched the top end of New St outside the old Woolworths building?

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#23 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:23 pm

Hi Phil,
Thanks for comments, (I try to do my best) do you mean the fantasy one, if so it's high St. taken from the bull ring looking towards Dale End.
John.

signman

#24 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:27 pm

John

Its me I'm afraid I'm just an old dullard, it's been that long since I was in that part of town I didn't recognise it. The last time I was up that way it was a bus terminus, now its pedestrianised. You are showing us all up with your photos, I'll have to look out my box brownie.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil
Last edited Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:28 pm | Top

#25 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:38 pm

Hi Phil,
Believe it or not, I still use an old zorki leica copy from the mid 60's, I also use a Nikon dlsr, a Canon eos 600, and a Fuji finepix f100d.
I used to collect cameras at one time and had over 60, but space decreed I had to be a bit ruthless and only keep a couple.
A lot of people don't realise that you can use your ordinary film camera and then have the photos just put on to disc, with or without prints,
and that way you can still view them and manipulate them on your computer.
It's still cheaper than having them developed in the normal way.

signman

#26 by Sheldonboy , Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:22 am

Hello John I have just been having a look at your pictures in the Gallery. It's really nice to see such excellent quality pictures on our pages. Without a doubt your are a very good photographer. But beyond that your editing, finishing and presentation is superb. I very much look forward to seeing some more of your work. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#27 by Deleted User , Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:58 am

Ye,excellent pics.

#28 by signman ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:40 pm

Hi everyone,
Glad you like my pics, have loads I can put on if you don't get fed up, have just added more on the America gallery and started a new one,
bearing in mind this is a Brummie site, I don't have many of Brum until my next visit in February.

signman

#29 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:28 pm

John

You just keep posting your photos, I find them fascinating, especially the ones of the memorial park. I'm so amazed it looked so empty and I have to be honest I thought the chapel looked a bit cheapskate. But I suppose most of the services are conducted outdoors.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#30 by signman ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:52 pm

Hi Phil,
The reason why most of my photos are devoid of people is because I am not a crowd lover, and I tend to take them in the early morning.
I'm usually on the road by 4 am in the summer and in America earlier than that and I've usually done 6 or7 hundred miles by the time I fall into bed at midnight.
The one of me in front of Marilyns crypt was taken by a young japanese girl who was the only other person, and after talking to her ,I found out
she had the same notion as me about crowds.
I've just put 3 more on the Birmingham gallery.

signman
Last edited Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:53 pm | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Whats Rhyl Like Now

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor