Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: job cuts

#16 by Sheldonboy , Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:42 pm

VM you live on our Forum area email me with all details and I'll take it up with the Councillors. SB

Brummies Talking....... Get the Buzz
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#17 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:45 pm

If its anything like our council you won't even get a reply. Before we changed over to bins I received a letter from our council about failing to secure the black bags resulting in rubbish getting spilt on the highway.

Most annoyed at that I wrote back telling them that I was very meticulous in seeing that my refuse bags were secure and the problem lay with the Councils operatives throwing the bags for the last ten yards or so on to the pile made for other operatives to load into the hopper. Most of the bags split open when they hit the floor. I included some photos of this practice.

I also asked as I knew each gang are issued with brooms and shovels why they never swept up when this happened. Was it because they sold all the brooms and shovels. ( I won't say how I know this practice goes on.)

Of course I never received a reply, so after 2 weeks I rang up and was told that it would be looked into. A few days later I received a letter basically apologising saying that they were not saying that I was guilty of failing to secure my bags and that it was a general letter that was sent out. After asking my neighbours all of them assured me that they had not received a letter.

Needless to say I was back on the phone, I gave them hell and they couldn't apologise enough. They should know better than to pick on a disgruntled retired person with little to do than make petty officials tremble.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil
Last edited Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:43 am | Top

#18 by Sheldonboy , Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:09 am

I get replies trust me.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#19 by Voltman , Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:58 am

SB, I'll give you some more precise details shortly.

Phil, various households have complained over the summer, this resulted only in three special collections and the leaving of the normal refuse for the houses concerned.
I would like to think that was coincidence because the regular collection is always trouble free and I doubt these guys would collude with the idle mongrels who come for the green waste.
There is sometimes splillage from black bags, this is due to people who have inaccessible dustbins putting their rubbish out the night before on a communal pile, the bags get attacked by Foxes (good) and Rats (not so good), yet another 80+ year old geezer then goes out to clean up the mess because he is nearest to the pile.

I have previously succesfully contacted the refuse department by email regarding fly tipping, etc, I tried recently to get an email address for the green waste and found that the only way to contact any of them now is by use of web forms.
Web forms are a very popular way for private company's to hide from their customers. All fields have to be filled in, some fields are not applicable so you have to make something up and they take hours to complete.
In the case of the refuse department you have to provide full name, address, telephone numbers, email address and body dimensions. I presume this is so they can pinpoint exactly where you live when it comes to retribution time.
VM

“If a man knows he will sooner or later be robbed upon a journey, he will have a bottle of the best in every inn and look upon all his extravagances as so much gained upon the thieves.”
Robert Louis Stevenson.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer] http://telsen.co.uk/

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 09.21.2010 | Top

#20 by Sheldonboy , Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:53 pm

Anyone within the Birmingham area with problems such as this can take this course of action.
1. go to the Birmingham City Council Website.
2. Check out who their Councillors are.
3. On the Council Website check out when their Councillors Ward meeting is on and attend it, It will always be held on the area where they live.
$. There will be up to three Councillors at that meeting, and a Ward support officer. All complaints are taken and recorded. Action has to be taken and minuted and reported back to the next meeting.
Another course of action is to ask Police if there is a Neighbourhood Forum in their area, if so ask them for contact details. The N/hood Forum will take up the case for them.
I know some people will doubt that these actions work. Take it from me it does, I see it and am involved in it every day. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Mugs UK

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor