Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: OPEN ALL HOURS

#76 by mollymandysb , Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:44 am

morning all

weather calmed down here a bit. yes i watch mrs brown's boys, you know what's coming but you still manage to laugh - sometimes the tears are rolling down my face. apparently he was on at one of the theatres in birmingham last year, never saw it advertised tho.

i know i should not say this but the new baby is such a funny looking little thing (obviously does not take after me, lol) the other one will be here with me tomorrow as soft play club is open again. i do enjoy getting down on the floor and playing with him, yesterday we put all the teddies out and had a tea party, his mom and dad just looked amazed that we were spoon feeding the teddies with imaginery food and drink, dont young parents play with their kids.

must get the vacuum cleaner out and try and make the place look a bit cleaner.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb
Date registered 08.11.2011

#77 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:36 pm

Steph

There are more toys in our house, garden and summer house than in the houses all of the other members of our family put together. In fact we are going to have a sort out soon to try and thin them out because we can hardly move. It's no wonder the younger grandchildren and the great grandchildren can't wait to get here.

The garden is like a theme park with slides see-saws swings and trampolines,and pits and whatever. Its amazing when you think our children are now a grandparents and all these toys have been amassed since they got married and got their own homes.

My wife is not happy unless she is surrounded by her offspring of one generation or another, considering her health it sometimes worries me. Though if I raise the matter then "I don't know what I am talking about" and "its only the children that keep her going".

Women I'll never work them out.

Phil

phil

#78 by astoness , Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:12 pm

evening all...nasty weather today...just been up the shops twice and that was it..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#79 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:29 pm

Apart from walking my wife to work this morning culminating in a full frontal attack on McDonalds. All I have done today is go and fetch some milk. It was very cold.

Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have spent most of life trying to save.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#80 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:30 pm

I am just off out to accompany my wife to the doctors. I think I should have her done.

Half our life is spent trying to find something to do with the time we have spent most of life trying to save.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#81 by mollymandysb , Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:11 pm

Phil i know what you mean, i seem to have more toys here than anyone else. in fact, i still have my son's fisher price garage from when he was little and my grandson plays with that, also i kept all the corgi cars, matchbox etc. not clean as both my children played with them in mud. i too have tents, tunnels and ball pit s in the living room. bits of string hang off the dining room chairs that we attach to the ironing board to use a washing line. the one toy he likes playing with is a shuffly castle, my son had it first his first christmas, the knight on horse back and the witch are the only two that still shuffle.

anyone else remember shuffly castles and i think they did a police station.

weather here is very windy and my cousin in north wales says it has been horrendous.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb

#82 by mollymandysb , Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:14 pm

Hi Lynn and Mike

i see you are both on line, just been watching the 74 stone lady in america. wow.

are you both up to anything exciting

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb

#83 by lynne webb , Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:32 pm

Oh my youngest, shes 32, had a shuffly castle, it was lilac, we passed it on to a friends little boy. We've still got a big yellow teapot though.

lynne webb
Date registered 10.05.2011

#84 by mollymandysb , Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:50 pm

Hi Lynn

yes, the shuffly castle is lilac, my son is 32, 33 this year in fact. amazing how a bit of plastic can last that long. nice to see my grandson playing with his dads toys

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb

#85 by mollymandysb , Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:52 pm

i v still got bits of tea sets, cups, saucers, spoons and a tea pot which we play feeding the teddies with and of course we make the noise of , um and ah when feeding the teddies. in fact we still have a roland rat.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb

#86 by lynne webb , Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:57 pm

Hi Steph, I think the toys were made to last in them days, we had loads of Fisher Price, I think they are still in the loft, think I'll leave them there though, I've got more than enough toys here already.
Lynne.

lynne webb
Date registered 10.05.2011

#87 by Sheldonboy , Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:28 am

Morning all
It just shows how times have changed, I had a real wooden garage with a real Glass window in the side that was for real metal cars. I think parents would be hung for thi s today. Mind you If I had a grandson I would make him the best woodon garage ever.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#88 by astoness , Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:21 am

morning all...steph can i come and play in your house..it sounds great fun..[Laugh Out Loud]
SB your post just took me back to when i was a child..our dad used to make wooden dolls houses for us girls and garagesfor the lads..oh and of course go carts made from a plank of wood..four old pram wheels and string to steer it...happy days....

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#89 by Sheldonboy , Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:25 am

you was posh Lyn we called them Trolleys

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#90 by astoness , Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:31 am

never heard them call trollys SB..actually ive got a family pic taken in the back yard of villa st..shows our dad standing by and me sister and brother sitting on a home made goey..will post it later on...think my sister had a cup in her hand with a mud pie in it...[Little LOL]

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor