Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Open All Hours

#1 by Sheldonboy , Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:04 pm

Good evening each. I wasn't able to get on here last night as I really couldn't keep my eyes open I went to bed at around 7.45 and slept like a baby (no I didn't poo the bed and cry all night). I could just do the same again tonight and I didn't get up until nearly 9 this morning, and that is very late for me. A mate is supposed to be coming round later, it was arranged a while ago I hope he doesn't come tonight because he stay's a while.
So until then I will stay on here and see who I can annoy. Oh yes Happy new year to anyone I missed.

The email of the species is more deadly than the mail.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#2 by Slow Jo , Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:13 pm

Evening all ,you need a holiday away from it all S B ,its been bitter cold here all day ,the frost never went away in some parts ,the ice on the bird bath as at least 1 inch thick ,happy new year to you all,and roll on summer.

Slow Jo  
Slow Jo
Date registered 07.31.2013

Last edited 01.02.2017 | Top

#3 by Sheldonboy , Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:16 pm

Hi Jo, no our frost never went away either. Yes it's still cold. I wonder if Lyn is experiencing snow. it can be right cold in Argyleshire where she has gone, but it's a beautiful place anytime.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#4 by Slow Jo , Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:23 pm

I,m sure she,ll cope by the look of that hotel, she wont get to cold,and they probably have after eight mint,s for her to munch on .

Slow Jo  
Slow Jo

#5 by Sheldonboy , Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:28 pm

Quote: Slow Jo wrote in post #5041
I,m sure she,ll cope by the look of that hotel, she wont get to cold,and they probably have after eight mint,s for her to munch on .

Sorry Mmy internet keeps kicking me out.

It's a lovely hotel Jo I have stayed there for a week. The trips, the food, accomodation, the entertainment etc etc are great. I know the owner Ian Cleaver he keeps a close eye on it and his other hotels.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#6 by Slow Jo , Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:34 pm

Think it,s time your internet supplier got it sorted mate your paying for a service your not getting ,don,t put up with it.

Slow Jo  
Slow Jo

#7 by Sheldonboy , Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:37 pm

Quote: Slow Jo wrote in post #5043
Think it,s time your internet supplier got it sorted mate your paying for a service your not getting ,don,t put up with it.

Well we are nearly at the end of our contract with BT, they have been quite good for a while but have gone back to rubbish. I would never recommend BT. Several people told us how good the were. Lucky them.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#8 by Slow Jo , Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:40 pm

We are with virgin ,and have had very few problems we have a package ,internet ,land line phone ,and telly.

Slow Jo  
Slow Jo

#9 by Sheldonboy , Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:42 pm

Quote: Slow Jo wrote in post #5045
We are with virgin ,and have had very few problems we have a package ,internet ,land line phone ,and telly.

Do you think they are good value Joe.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#10 by Slow Jo , Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:47 pm

Jan set up our deal with them ,she said get in touch with them see what sort of a deal you can get ,she is happy with our set up ,she said just get on to virgin .com .

Slow Jo  
Slow Jo

#11 by Sheldonboy , Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:50 pm

Quote: Slow Jo wrote in post #5047
Jan set up our deal with them ,she said get in touch with them see what sort of a deal you can get ,she is happy with our set up ,she said just get on to virgin .com .

Thanks Jo and Jan I'll have a look.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#12 by Sheldonboy , Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:53 pm

Time for me to say goodnight mate, I can't keep my eyes open any more.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#13 by Slow Jo , Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:53 pm

You,ve got nothing to lose by enquiring

Time for me to go goodnight mate,get early night if your mate don,t turn up.[I Nodded Off]

Slow Jo  
Slow Jo

#14 by astoness , Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:12 pm

Quote: Sheldonboy wrote in post #5040
Hi Jo, no our frost never went away either. Yes it's still cold. I wonder if Lyn is experiencing snow. it can be right cold in Argyleshire where she has gone, but it's a beautiful place anytime.

lyn is experiencing nothing yet...she does not go until tomorrow morning.. hence my post earlier on the sports section[Hammers]

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 01.02.2017 | Top

#15 by Voltman , Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:25 am

Quote: Sheldonboy wrote in post #5048
Quote: Slow Jo wrote in post #5047

Thanks Jo and Jan I'll have a look.

I've been on BT for years and due to the rotting copper cables in our street the broadband service can be a bit slow and the entire phone connection has been lost a couple of times for days at a time.

Prior to BT I had Virgin Broadband over the BT phone line. During the many years I was with Virgin there were frequent problems with broadband but non with the phone.
The Virgin broadband would go down for a week at a time and Virgin Indian customer support always blamed BT, yet every time they finally agreed to look at the problem it was up and running immediately.
When I left Virgin they still treated me very badly, my email account was cancelled immediately even though I still had three weeks paid contract left so I had to wait weeks for them to give BT my MAC No.
They also left my webpages on the net even though I no longer had access to them and couldn't update them or take them down. They are still there, now 18 years old.

I don't think much of thieving BT but at least if my broadband and phone go down I can still get on-line using the BT FON WiFi service.
I would never go back to Virgin, if I did it would only be on their own fibre optics so they couldn't blame anyone else for their failures.

The David Hey's Collection of Railway Photographs
Calendars for all years
British Movietone

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 01.03.2017 | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Good evening.

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor