Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Did You See An Asteroid?

#1 by Deleted User , Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:05 pm

I did the sky fairly cclear in Tewkesbury last night........my neck was hurting so had to give up,saw about three.

Last edited Thu May 26, 2016 9:44 am | Top

RE: Did you see an asteroid?

#2 by Sheldonboy , Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:03 pm

No but Boots sell a good cream for Asteroids. [Laugh Out Loud]

Brummies Talking....... Get the Buzz
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

RE: Did you see a Meteor?

#3 by Voltman , Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:57 pm

After many years of frustration regarding celestial events I have decided not to look for them this year.
Cloud cover is the minimum I would expect to see. The meteor showers usually last for many days so viewing before and after the publicised peak times is often worth a try. The Perseids are one of my favourites regarding success rates.

Incidentally, Asteroids are very large bodies with proper orbits which we hope will never co-incide with our own, let alone enter our atmosphere, otherwise you can say goodbye to meteor viewing along with living.
Volty

Anyone informed that the universe is expanding and contracting in pulsations of eighty billion years has a right to ask, “What’s in it for me?”
Peter De Vries (b. 1910)
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 08.14.2010 | Top

#4 by Deleted User , Sun Aug 15, 2010 9:30 am

LOL must have had a drink when I posted that [Big Smile]

#5 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:22 pm

I have lay on my back many a night looking up at the heavens. I've marvelled at the beauty of the universe all those twinkling stars. I've wondered if there is other life out there, I've watched shooting stars and meteors passing through our skies. I have even seen to occasional comet and wondered where it was on its way to.

But most of all I've wondered when someone was coming to pick me up off the floor, whilst muttering the immortal words I'm never going to drink again.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#6 by signman ( deleted ) , Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:20 pm

The human mind cannot comprehend the magnitude of the universe and all related subjects, so just forget it, there's many a brainy person gone doolally trying to do so.

signman

#7 by Voltman , Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:11 am

Yes Phil, the sky always looks better when viewed from an alcohol induced lay down.
Especially in some very dark sky areas of Portugal. The whole Milky Way becomes clearly visible and meteors are a common sight.
VM

Anyone informed that the universe is expanding and contracting in pulsations of eighty billion years has a right to ask, “What’s in it for me?”
Peter De Vries (b. 1910)
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Last edited 08.18.2010 | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Glasses Nightmare

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor