Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

The Clumsy Swan

#1 by Voltman , Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:17 am

I visited the Clumsy Swan recently to attend a Jazz Concert given in aid of Macmillan Nurses.

What a surprise I had. We were in the restaurant and function room on the first floor and found it well laid out and well staffed
by people who genuinely wish to please.
The decor is bright and interesting with a Made in Birmingham theme. The toilets are small but clean and neatly arranged.
There is a spacious toilet for the disabled and lift for those who can't manage the stairs.

My beer choice was also bright, being in very good condition. The house wines were getting good reviews.
A buffet was included and proved to be outstanding, offering a wide variety of hot and cold choices.
The catering staff went round after the initial frenzy, offering food from trays.

In short, we had a good night at a well run local where a lot of effort has been put into making it somewhere one can enjoy visiting.
The whole thing is unique, being privately owned it is not part of a chain and therefore they care about their customers and their reputation.
I have yet to try the public bar but from what I have seen I have high hopes.

The pub is at No.1 Stoney Lane, Yardley.
http://theclumsyswan.co.uk

The David Hey's Collection of Railway Photographs
Calendars for all years

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

RE: The Clumsy Swan

#2 by astoness , Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:19 pm

sounds a nice place to me volty glad you had a good time...

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Pubs To Be Demolished

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor