Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Eating out

#106 by toady , Mon May 10, 2010 9:24 pm

Phil thats awful ducks are meant to swim not to be on a plate.
I think you mean the white pub on the right hand side by the bend?
I used to like the Flur de lye not sure of the spelling its at Lowsenford we used to go there many years ago when you could get the lovely pies, also the the Boot at Lapworth when we had a boat on the canal at Hockley Heath.

June

toady  
toady

Founder Member
Date registered 01.11.2010

#107 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue May 11, 2010 9:59 am

June

If we thought about what we ate, then we would all be vegetarian.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#108 by toady , Tue May 11, 2010 12:53 pm

Phil

I could turn veggie very easily there are some things I wont eat like duck

toady  
toady

Founder Member

#109 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue May 11, 2010 1:21 pm

June

My granddaughter used to sit on my knee at dinner time when she was a child and eat most of my dinner especially when I had steak. Then came the day she realised that meat was animals when she was about seven or eight. She hasn't ate meat since that day.

Her whole life is wrapped around animals, she is now at college preparing to go to university in the hopes of being a Vet. I feel really proud of her because she is not worlds brightest person academically and she really has to work hard to achieve what she needs, but she will make it because she has a passion that drives her.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#110 by toady , Tue May 11, 2010 4:47 pm

Oh Phil thats lovely I wish her the very best they say its harder to become a vet than a doctor, our friends daughter in Devon is a vetenary nurse she is also a veggie, I would be too upset to work in a vets when the animals come in sick and if they didn't go out again I would be in pieces.

toady  
toady

Founder Member

#111 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue May 11, 2010 6:15 pm

June

I think that this is going to be my granddaughters problem if she makes it through to the end and that will be when animals need to be put down. I don't think she will have a problem with animals that are suffering and in pain. But I can tell you right now that she will never put a healthy animal down. Just for the owners convenience.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#112 by Deleted User , Tue May 11, 2010 6:20 pm

Wish her all the luck in the world

#113 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed May 12, 2010 5:30 am

My grandaaughter is training to be a marine biologist at the UWE. and at the moment she is disecting frogs, no thanks.

signman

#114 by Sheldonboy , Wed May 12, 2010 5:47 am

The things people do for pleasure . . . . . . . .This thread is Eating out...Yuk

Arguing with an idiot is like teaching a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time, and it only annoys the pig!

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Last edited 05.12.2010 | Top

#115 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed May 12, 2010 6:14 am

I know Graham but I didn't start it,a lot of the other threads are the same, but who's worried,don't get doing too much overtime it's just been on the news, 3 times more likely to have a thrombo.

signman

#116 by Sheldonboy , Wed May 12, 2010 7:34 am

I'll try not to do to much thanks for the advice. We are very busy at present but with a bit of forward planning we get by we'll
Have a good day John and everyone. Blimey the sun is coming out over lovely Sparkhill.l.

Arguing with an idiot is like teaching a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time, and it only annoys the pig!

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#117 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:02 pm

As it was Bank Holiday we took the granddaughter and the great grandson for a meal seeing as how hubby was in bed after working last night and is working again tonight.

the granddaughter because she is a veggie wanted to go to the Nags Head at Hockley, she says they have a good choice of veggie meals. Myself I didn't want to go back there as I didn't like the place at all last time I was there.

So we decided on another Harvester at Studley "The Dog" I realised that the old Dog had been demolished and a new restaurant built in its place because I had eaten there shortly after. I hadn't been in there since and certainly not since it changed to a Harvester.

We got there early because I thought being a Bank Holiday it was bound to be packed, when we arrived about 12 o clock the car park was nearly empty. We were shown to a table straight away, by a very pleasant young lady. After waiting for half an hour I went to the bar and got our own drinks, then the waiter another very pleasant chap came and took our order. After helping ourself to a salad starter from the self service buffet we sat down to eat and wait until our main meal arrived an hour later. We are our meal and by this time the little one was beginning to get irritated at being sat in a high chair for so long. So we decided to forgo a dessert and get our bill and leave.

After paying our bill we left at 2.30.p.m. we had been in there for two and a half hours and in that time we had had a salad course to which we served ourselves and one main course. I won't describe the comments I have just left on their website.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil
Last edited Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:03 pm | Top

#118 by Deleted User , Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:07 pm

We went to The Spode at Armatige,lovely big pub.We went in last Sunday just for a drink and liked the look of the place.

The food was the best carvery I have had.Nice and fresh,nicely cooked.

We expected queues but at about 2.15 it was just right,no waits.

They do the carvery on a sunday and a wednesday evening....other food available meantime.

Right by the canal so a nice spot.

Sorry you have had a bad deal Phil,took my Daughter to a pub in Lichfield for lunch a while ago and the place was empty,took about an hour to get the food on the table.Never again.

#119 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:58 pm

Denise

Glad to hear you had a nice day and a nice meal.

I am not saying anything about the restaurant itself, and the staff were very pleasant and efficient. I think that some staff hadn't reported in for work, because when I was at the bar I overheard the manager cracking up on the phone. I saw him later rushing about and waiting on table.

I'm sorry but I put things like that down to bad management, if staff don't turn in, then you should have contingency plans for that eventuality. He should at least put someone on the door warning diners that there would be a delay in getting their meals. If diners chose to go and ear elsewhere that would be their choice.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#120 by astoness , Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:50 am

crikey phil i could have cooked a 3 course meal in that time...and the thing is when you are with the little ones they just dont want to sit around forever in one place...the maximum time i like to wait for a meal is half an hour and if the place looks busy i ask if it will be any longer than that..

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
What's The Recipe Today John?

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor