Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Curry's Bull Ring Store

#1 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:51 am

I noticed on Saturday that the Curry's shop in the Bull Ring is closing down. Now this is only my guesswork but The site of the Big W shop on the Coventry road is being developed and fitted out. This is a massive shop by the Blues Ground. It would take a big firm like Curry's to fill and afford it. I wonder...........

Arguing with an idiot is like teaching a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time, and it only annoys the pig!

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

RE: Curry's Bull Ring Store

#2 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:15 am

Interesting thought Graham, but is that the only vacant Woolworths left ?.
Could it be the only available one nearest city centre, here in Brighton they've been absorbed by Comet.
Incidently I used to go out with a girl that worked in that Woolworths, named Pat, lived in Duncroft Rd.

signman

#3 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:51 am

Arguing with an idiot is like teaching a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time, and it only annoys the pig!

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#4 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:54 am

No John there are other Woolies shops still vacant but this one is massive in comparison. It would take a big business to fill it if it wasn't split.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#5 by signman ( deleted ) , Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:17 am

I think a lot of these empty stores should be converted to mini-markets where independant traders who can't afford premises of their own
can share the space with other traders and give us a greater selection of goods other than the usual high street shops.
I suppose the block would be put on it though in the case of butchers, greengrocers, or any food related items,(H and S you know).

signman

#6 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:24 am

Very good idea John, as we know not all small traders stay small.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#7 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:50 am

Zitat von signman

Incidently I used to go out with a girl that worked in that Woolworths, named Pat, lived in Duncroft Rd.

John

I used to go out with a girl called Pat who worked in Woolworths in the Bullring. Mind you I think I went out with most of the girls who worked there.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#8 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:18 pm

My mistake I thought you wrote that you used to Pat the girls in Woolies,

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
The Birmingham St. Georges Day Association

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor