Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: WW1 PLAQUE FOUND AND SAVED

#136 by Sheldonboy , Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:57 pm

Tablet finder Ken being interviewed for the Telly

The email of the species is more deadly than the mail.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Last edited 09.04.2015 | Top

#137 by astoness , Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:07 pm

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member
Date registered 02.24.2010

#138 by Slow Jo , Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:24 pm

Just read the royal mail release ,interesting ,did'nt know there was a royal mail rifles,and they were so involved in WW1.

Slow Jo  
Slow Jo
Date registered 07.31.2013

#139 by astoness , Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:34 pm

neither did i jo ..

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#140 by Slow Jo , Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:36 pm

Evening lyn ,thought you would have got a bit more coverage ,considering all the work you put in ,or is royal mail trying to take the credit for it all.

Slow Jo  
Slow Jo

#141 by astoness , Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:54 pm

Quote: Slow Jo wrote in post #140
Evening lyn ,thought you would have got a bit more coverage ,considering all the work you put in ,or is royal mail trying to take the credit for it all.

no jo not at all..i had nothing to do with the organising of the service that was all done by the royal mail..they footed the bill for everything from the vicar..the poppy wreaths..setting the plaque in.organising the bugler..and after the service the invited everyone who attend to sunday lunch at a specially roped off room at the arburetums restaurant...central news interviewed ken stowe and the rellies of the postal workers..they tried more than once to get me to say something but i insisted that the day belonged to others...my task was getting media coverage in feb when i first heard about the plaque..after the evening mail article rellies of the men contacted me and i had to keep them informed with developements for five months while at the same time keeping in contact with the royal mail and the NMA..anyhow ive had my pic in the paper twice so that quite enough for me...

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Last edited 07.22.2014 | Top

#142 by Slow Jo , Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:57 pm

Sorry lyn did'nt know all that,but the fact remains you started the ball rolling,by bringing to the publics attention.

Slow Jo  
Slow Jo

#143 by astoness , Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:00 pm

Quote: Slow Jo wrote in post #142
Sorry lyn did'nt know all that,but the fact remains you started the ball rolling,by bringing to the publics attention.

yes i know that jo but ive had that many people personally thank me i need no more than that to be honest and to see the faces of the mens families during the service was reward enough..

jo did you read the royal mails press release that i posted ealier on this thread.

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#144 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:11 pm

Joe to know Lyn is to understand her. get the job done, no messing and then see what other mayhem can be caused. That's Lyn. A born organiser and no Glory Hunter. It's totally to her credit.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#145 by astoness , Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:20 pm

Quote: Sheldonboy wrote in post #144
Joe to know Lyn is to understand her. get the job done, no messing and then see what other mayhem can be caused. That's Lyn. A born organiser and no Glory Hunter. It's totally to her credit.

why thank you SB very kind of you i must say...just one last thing as i do not want the royal mail to be classed as glory hunters .. it was central news who contacted me and asked if i thought it would be ok for them to come along to the service and hopefully use it in their special WW1 programme to go out next month...said i would have to check that out and get back to them..royal mail had no objections so long as the families of the men were ok with it..so i contacted them all and luckily they were all ok with it...as you say SB job done..i reckon the royal mail are first class people[Little LOL] and now im left pondering where i can next cause mayhem

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#146 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:24 pm

Quote: astoness wrote in post #145
Quote: Sheldonboy wrote in post #144

why thank you SB very kind of you i must say...just one last thing as i do not want the royal mail to be classed as glory hunters .. it was central news who contacted me and asked if i thought it would be ok for them to come along to the service and hopefully use it in their special WW1 programme to go out next month...said i would have to check that out and get back to them..royal mail had no objections so long as the families of the men were ok with it..so i contacted them all and luckily they were all ok with it...as you say SB job done..i reckon the royal mail are first class people[Little LOL] and now im left pondering where i can next cause mayhem

maybe you can get Moseley Baths re-opened

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#147 by astoness , Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:27 pm

already on the case about moseley baths but i am also in battle with the council about the golden lion which is in cannon hill park...any news on that and i will start a new thread for it..must not get myself worked up about that and go right off topic..

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#148 by Sheldonboy , Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:31 pm

Lyn why not start a thread on recovering Birmingham _Moseley Baths-Red Lion. there must be loads of info around and causes that some people don't even know about.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#149 by astoness , Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:41 pm

Quote: Sheldonboy wrote in post #148
Lyn why not start a thread on recovering Birmingham _Moseley Baths-Red Lion. there must be loads of info around and causes that some people don't even know about.

may just do that when ive had a break SB me heads a tad puddled at the min

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

#150 by astoness , Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:49 pm

the postal mens service will be shown on central news tonight folks....

PROUD BRUMMIE

astoness

Granny
Founder Member

Last edited 08.10.2014 | Top

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor