Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Are We All Voyeurs Now?

#1 by mikejee , Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:50 pm

It seems that we shouldn't intrude on animals, and watch wildlife programs ( http://browse.guardian.co.uk/search?sear...guardian=Search ) . i have written to the guardian apologising to Mr Mills for my indiscretion at school in watching the birth of a horse-chestnut recorded by my teacher using time-lapse photography. Still at least i didn't view the fertilization ! I doubt if they will publish it though
mike

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Last edited 05.07.2014 | Top

RE: Are we all Voyeurs now/

#2 by Sheldonboy , Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:01 pm

I heard that story on the news, Bloody idiot !!!!

Arguing with an idiot is like teaching a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time, and it only annoys the pig!

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

RE: Are We All Voyeurs Now?

#3 by Voltman , Sat May 01, 2010 10:06 am

There may be something in it but if it really is an invasion of privacy then the animals must have a sense of self, the general lack of which is one of the things that make them different from us.
If they remain completely unaware of our interest it can't possibly harm them mentally.

One interesting point I would make is the difference between Dogs and Cats when it comes to toilet.
Having observed our Cats over the past 35 years I found that they do like to find a small amount of privacy. This could be for a number of reasons but it is noticeable.
Dogs, on the other hand, seem to need much less privacy for all their activities.

Mike, was that a Horse Chestnut or a Chestnut Horse?
VM

"Cats are a mysterious kind of folk. There is more passing in their minds than we are aware of." Sir Walter Scott

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#4 by mikejee , Sat May 01, 2010 4:33 pm

Cats also like to hide the result. I am a dog person really , They don't have that superior air that cats have that reminds me of Barbara Cartland, or Mrs Thatcher
mike

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#5 by Sheldonboy , Sun May 02, 2010 5:14 am

VM I couldn't help noticing that although you recognize the fact that your cats like privacy on the toilet, you still watched them in mid pooh as it were.
I also have to ask privately and in complete confidence of course, what kind of inane pleasure did you get in watching you cats on the litter tray for THIRTY FIVE YEARS ?
Is there something I don't know about you, and have you installed a secret camera in the bathroom of your house because I know you are very well qualified and capable of doing so. Also if you have, is this camera connected to the main television set for the rest of the family to share or just to your computer for your own selfish pleasure pleasure ? SB

I am also getting worried about Mike, who has admitted being a Dog Person, I mean does that mean he chases cats, likes a run in the park or just curls up in front of the fire ?

Arguing with an idiot is like teaching a pig to sing. It's a waste of your time, and it only annoys the pig!

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

RE: Are We All Voyeurs Now?

#6 by Voltman , Sun May 02, 2010 10:56 am

Be honest SB, you are just angling for a radio feed from my hidden cameras, are you not?

The watching of the cats toilet habits, when they let me, was useful for checking on the state of their digestion and their health.
It is also neccesary to occasionally check for worms, nuff said.

I used to have to follow Charlie when he went for a pee to check his water for sugar, with little test sticks, to see if his diabetes was under control.
Fortunately it was just a phase he went through.
VM

"Cats are a mysterious kind of folk. There is more passing in their minds than we are aware of." Sir Walter Scott

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Icelandic Dust Cloud.

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor