Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: Solihull

#31 by Voltman , Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:56 pm

Our country's time is Nine o'clock at night.

“nos wl sonr or be robd jorny, btle of bst evry in lok on al hs exagncs as mch thvs.”
Robert Louis Stevenson.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/ [Spacer]

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#32 by xuanxanh99 , Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:02 pm

That's right, VietNam and England distance six hour.
Sure, I have to sleep. At the morning, I go to work.
good night everyone.

Life's wonderful when we are friends.

xuanxanh99
Date registered 09.30.2010

#33 by Sheldonboy , Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:05 pm

Goodnight Hero Goodnight everyone.

Brummies Talking....... Get the Buzz
Visitors copy this link.. http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#34 by tca , Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:11 pm

phil, i aways stay at my cousins place in Solihull (well shirley) when im in the uk, so i get to spend a lot of time in the drawbridge, have to say its one of the best pubs in the area. mind u theres one called the red lion about a 15 min drive away thats very nice. tca

tca
Date registered 11.27.2012

#35 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:14 pm

tca

I have only been in the Drawbridge on a couple of occasions, but we used to use The Red Lion at Earlswood regularly as the used to do good wholesome meals at reasonable prices. For some reason or another we never used the place for about six months and when we did call it had gone to pot with a fancy menu and ridiculous prices almost double what we used to pay. So we haven't been back since, there are many good pubs in the Shirley and Solihull area so you are spoilt for choice.

phil

#36 by Sheldonboy , Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:28 pm

Quote: phil wrote in post #35
tca

I have only been in the Drawbridge on a couple of occasions, but we used to use The Red Lion at Earlswood regularly as the used to do good wholesome meals at reasonable prices. For some reason or another we never used the place for about six months and when we did call it had gone to pot with a fancy menu and ridiculous prices almost double what we used to pay. So we haven't been back since, there are many good pubs in the Shirley and Solihull area so you are spoilt for choice.

just a quick question, there is a Red Lion in Shirley could that be the one that tca is referring to.?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
and I'm not sure about the former.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#37 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:46 pm

I suppose he could have meant the one in Shirley, its a pub I've never used. Though from the Drawbridge I'd have thought Earlswood would have been closer. Perhaps tca will enlighten us.

phil

#38 by tca , Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:39 pm

hi all, i was looking at google maps to try and get my bearings - the church i went to the wedding was st james the great on the a34 - pub opposite is plum of feathers, i am trying to work out the red lion, but its more country, it was dark cold and wet (normal uk weather) sorry, and it backs onto to some lakes

ok just had another look the red lion is cleobury lane its close to earlwood lakes, which were bone dry last time i looked.

thanks make the grey matter work looking back

tca
Date registered 11.27.2012

#39 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:13 pm

tca

It's been a while since Earlswood Lakes were dry, mind you I wasn't drinking them so it didn't matter. The Red lion was one side of the lakes and the Reservoir the other both good pubs.

phil

#40 by mollymandysb , Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:02 pm

does anyone remember earlswood lakes freezing over and skating on them must have been the winter of 63. i used to live in earlswood up rumbush lane. the other pub is the cider house/bluebell nice pub but used by bikers sometimes. dont know what its like now tho.

steph

mollymandysb  
mollymandysb
Date registered 08.11.2011

#41 by mikejee , Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:26 pm

Is the bluebell still there now?

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#42 by phil ( deleted ) , Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:47 pm

Mike

It was certainly still there and open last year when I passed by, the trouble is I believe it gets that packed now on warm summer evenings.

phil

#43 by Sheldonboy , Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:53 pm

Quote: phil wrote in post #42
Mike

It was certainly still there and open last year when I passed by, the trouble is I believe it gets that packed now on warm summer evenings.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q...357700187,d.d2k

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#44 by Deleted User , Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:29 pm

When I was a girl my friend's Dad would take us to Earlswood Lakes in his sidecar.He fished whil we messed about.It was lovely
I remember him being a very quiet man,he repaired clocks and watches.A good person,long gone sadly.

#45 by Sheldonboy , Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:49 pm

That's just what this forum is all about Den, For telling us about your trip to Earlswood, it reminded you about your friend and his/her dad. Good one.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Aston / Lozells / Newtown Pics

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor