Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

BA Dispute

#1 by Sheldonboy , Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:22 am

The Giant US Teamsters Union is set to back up BA Cabin Crews in their Dispute. That could mean big trouble.

If only......................

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

RE: BA Dispute

#2 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:42 am

Not for me it won't, I have only been on a plane twice in my life (local flights). I don't intend using one in the near future.

Make Love, Not War

phil

#3 by Sheldonboy , Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:09 am

Even if we are not using Planes at the moment, I think this BA dispute may possibly be th tip of the Iceberg. I think it may be no coincidence that the RMT rail union has announcerd strike plans at the same time. It wouldn't be the first time that unions have brough down a government.
Even if there is an Election coming up. I wouldn't be surprised to see more union action quite soon. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#4 by phil ( deleted ) , Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:27 pm

SB

I think that you believe too much what you read in the newspapers. Why would any union want to bring down a Labour government. Unions may not like this new form of Labour politics (who does) but they like anything put forward by the Tories even less.

I don't think the day will ever come when a Union lion will lay down with a Tory lamb. Also don't forget that most of the support for the Labour Party still comes from the unions and no matter what is said officially is not what likely what is said in private.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#5 by Sheldonboy , Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:50 pm

Ok Disagree if you like, but nothing surprises me in this country anymore. Historically you are correct. But tell me what this Labour party or the Unions for that matter have got to do with their historical standards. As for your comment about believing what I read in the papers I don't think so. But One thing is certain in my mind, we don't have a Labour party anymore Michael Foot would have told you that I am sure. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#6 by Voltman , Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:58 am

Personally I think this sort of behaviour is more likely to bring down the airlines market share and thus their ability to employ.
Who in their right mind is going to book a BA flight around holiday times in the future? They tried to ruin Christmas for many customers and now they want to ruin Easter, eventually their customers will catch on and choose one of the competition, and there's plenty to choose from.

If I drank less I would have more money left over for buying wine.

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#7 by phil ( deleted ) , Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:04 pm

SB

Other than the Unions siding with a Tory government the rest of your statement makes perfect sense. Though I think Nu Labour has shot it's bolt and the forthcoming election will see the end of them.

I don't think we have any need of party politics anymore and I would be happy to vote for anyone that I could believe in, and that I thought had the interest of the country at heart and not their own.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#8 by Sheldonboy , Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:25 pm

I wasn't really saying that the Unions were going to side with the Tories. What I said was there was no labour Party anymore, we have two conservative parties. I personally wouldnt give any of the power hungry, expense grabbing, lying, idle Toe Rags House Room.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#9 by phil ( deleted ) , Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:36 am

SB

You will get no argument from me concerning your last statement.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#10 by Sheldonboy , Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:26 pm

Guess what now we have MPs for hire selling their services for contacts. DOES ANYONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND think that this is anything new, I suggest that this has been going on forever. What has the Government of this country come to. Is there no integrity. SB

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#11 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:06 am

I'm sorry to see this whole BA issue dissolve into a Union Bashing exercise. I think that BA have misjudged the issue thinking that they can smell the return of a Tory government.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#12 by Sheldonboy , Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:27 pm

Make no mistake Phil, I am NOT bashing the unions. Exactly the opposite.

"Tis only the hairs on a Gooseberry, that prevent it from being a grape"

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#13 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:38 pm

SB

Sorry I was not referring to you, I was referring to BA. I think they have badly misjudged the situation as it looks like other airline's cabin crews are going to give support.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#14 by Sheldonboy , Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:42 pm

It's time for the return of sensible union power. We could do with another Len Murray.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#15 by Sheldonboy , Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:44 pm

It's time for the return of sensible union power. We could do with another Len Murray.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Labour Suspensions

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor