Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Is. China invading the world

#1 by Sheldonboy , Fri May 31, 2013 4:40 am

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

RE: Is. China invading the world

#2 by tca , Fri May 31, 2013 2:06 pm

i see where you going with this, but I personnally see a slightly different view. back in the 60s when i was a teenager in the UK people still wanted to work - we had a manafacturing industries, once the unions were broken after the miners strike the UK never recovered. Australia like the UK then, is loosing its manafactures, we lost clothes and food years ago the the Chinese, now we are losing Ford because the local market is small and buyers here buy small more economic cars, yes Ford lost its way, didnt see the change till it was too late. Whilst we still have our ship bulding industry its on a knife edge most of the time. My job takes me to Singapore, Hong Kong and Malasia, its easy to see why China can produce things more cheaply than we can, the labour cost are so low. But China is loosing its grip on clothes as production was cheaper in India, even that has changed, The guy who lives next door to me is a Clothing importer all his gear comes from Bangladesh. Australia was in a huge mess when the UK went into the common market and as the EC grew we had to find new markets - the UK was always our traditional market - but dumped we were, the labour government here in the early 70s forged strong links with our asian neighbours - for us it proved a godsend, without China and the others we would have nowhere to send out cattle, gas, iron ore ect ect. Look back at Japan say 25 years everything was coming from there, look at them now, they cant compete their economy is a mess. China will go the same way there are on the way up but theres a crittical point to competion vs wages. Look at the USA they wanted to be an empire like the UK, China, the Romans ect, but they dont understand winning a battle doesnt mean u win the war, they are loosing their world dominance China and India and maybe Indonesia will assend. sorry I do go on, I declare I love Asia, the people are great, if my wife would go I would move there tommorrow

tca
Date registered 11.27.2012

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Help I've lost my baby

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor