Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: JAMIE BULGER KILLER RE-ARRESTED

#16 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:29 pm

John

The thing is, do we know what he is supposed to have done. All that has been said officially is allegations have been made against him. I say wait and see what the truth of the matter is.

I cannot see what all the uproar is about with people wanting to know what his license was revoked for now. If they wait a couple of weeks they will find out, do people want to see all crime tried in the newspapers? If so we can save some money and do away with the courts. I don't believe that guilty or innocent Venables can receive a fair hearing now.

If he is charged and has to go to court, they might as well start sharpening the guillotine now. Unless they can use yours SB.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

#17 by Sheldonboy , Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:54 pm

At your service Uncle Phil

If this was the best I could do. It wasn't good enough

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#18 by signman ( deleted ) , Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:15 am

I want first chance, Phil, your'e beginning to sound like that idiot Lord Longford mate.

signman

#19 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:13 pm

John

I'm not defending Venables, but what I am saying is that our legal system is out of kilter. Everyone is entitled to fair treatment no matter how horrible the crime.

The thing is that all we know at the moment is he has been accused of some charge. Which looks like it could have been anything from attempting to blow up the House of Commons to dropping litter. No matter what it is some of our gutter press would have him hung drawn and quartered before he is tried.

I'll reserve my judgement until I've heard what it is he is supposed to have done.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

RE:

#20 by phil ( deleted ) , Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:10 pm

I see the Daily Mirror is now saying that Venables returned himself to prison because he thought that he had put himself in danger by giving his identity away. Reading between the lines I think they are saying that he can't cope with life outside and that he has become institutionalised. The mirror says that he seems to be in no hurry to get out.

This is what long periods of prison from an early age does to people. It takes away the ability to care and think for ones self. They have to be told to do everything and they can't cope without a regime.

Now I'm not saying that any of this is true, because the Mirror has now printed 4 different versions up to now, without one apology or retraction for taking money under false pretences.

Phil

Make Love, Not War

phil

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Knowle Today

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor