Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

Malala

#1 by Sheldonboy , Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:18 pm

This is a letter in todays Birmingham Mail. This story isn't turning out as it was first supposed to turn out.

Why is Malala starting a charity for Pakistani education when she can't even pay for her own exclusive education? As Pakistan is broke and we effectively have to give them aid for education, by default, we are paying for her education at Edgbaston High School. Jimmy Jewell.

Any comments from the team.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

Last edited 04.10.2013 | Top

RE: Malala

#2 by phil ( deleted ) , Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:02 pm

I broached this subject when the young girls started at Edgbaston High, I was concerned that we would end up paying the fees for this education at this exclusive school somewhere in the region of £3,500 a term at three terms a year it doesn't take much working out. I think it was Mike who said that the father was reasonably affluent so I assumed he was paying (the father not Mike) Now it seems I was right all along and the Birmingham ratepayer is paying. Can anybody tell me why she can't attend a state all girls school though lets face it if she truly wants to be liberated then a mixed school would do?

phil

RE: Malala

#3 by mikejee , Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:16 am

Thank you for making that clear Phil . i don't want scores of begging letters from young girls coming through my door !
I admit i had not kept up fully with the story recently, and if the taxpayer is paying then I agree with you. I'm afraid that, while i am all for helping out poorer countries, Pakistan spent heaven knows how much on developing an atom bomb , so they can pay for their own education, unless, of course it was possible to support true education only; not a biased system pumping out religious propaganda . Let me make it clear though that I include Catholic, Hindu,C of E, and all the other sects in this, not just muslims.

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
Jessops Re-opening

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor