Mainly For Brummies But All Are Welcome To Join In The Birmingham Fun & Chat

RE: THIS THREAD FOR THE EURO EXIT POSTS PLEASE

#46 by Sheldonboy , Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:15 pm

Mike as far as I am concerned, Yes other people have faults always have always will. But NOBODY on this planet will convince me that this country should have open borders. Migration is one thing, Uncontrolled migration is totally another. Since when did we ever vote to be Governed by a bunch of overpaid Unelected Eurocrats.

The email of the species is more deadly than the mail.
http://brummiestalking.org.uk/

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator
Date registered 12.22.2009

#47 by Slow Jo , Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:19 pm

See someone has tabled a vote of no confidence in corbyn ,look's like a change of leader is on the way.

Slow Jo  
Slow Jo
Date registered 07.31.2013

#48 by Sheldonboy , Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:51 pm

Quote: Slow Jo wrote in post #47
See someone has tabled a vote of no confidence in corbyn ,look's like a change of leader is on the way.

What ever the rights and wrongs of this Referendum. This country has been in dire need of a bloody good shake up for years.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#49 by Slow Jo , Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:53 pm

Definitely ,when corbyn got that job, I thought Andy Burnham should have got it.

Slow Jo  
Slow Jo

#50 by astwood , Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:54 pm

Quote: Sheldonboy wrote in post #48
Quote: Slow Jo wrote in post #47

What ever the rights and wrongs of this Referendum. This country has been in dire need of a bloody good shake up for years.

Your right the ministers are there to look after our interests not there own

astwood  
astwood
Date registered 02.28.2012

#51 by Slow Jo , Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:56 pm

The way they act sometimes you would never believe it.

Slow Jo  
Slow Jo

#52 by Sheldonboy , Fri Jun 24, 2016 9:19 pm

Quote: Slow Jo wrote in post #49
Definitely ,when corbyn got that job, I thought Andy Burnham should have got it.

Corbyn is a scruff bag. He's another Michael Foot.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#53 by mikejee , Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:11 pm

Quote: Sheldonboy wrote in post #46
Mike as far as I am concerned, Yes other people have faults always have always will. But NOBODY on this planet will convince me that this country should have open borders. Migration is one thing, Uncontrolled migration is totally another. Since when did we ever vote to be Governed by a bunch of overpaid Unelected Eurocrats.

A very fair question, but we have been governed by a bunch grossly overpaid ministers who were not voted for by a majority of the country for many years. As long as only the large parties have any influence, even though there is not a majority of voting people ( not constituencies and not by then ministers only elected by the electorate but by a small group of political animals) then we will still have most policy decided by people many of whom are only out for what they can get. True they won't be eurocrats, but there is likely to be less chance of control over the activities of the overlords, a large number of whom , because of their Eton/ Harrow/ Westminster/ whatever background think they can do what they like (see expenses affair where probably half the commons would have been sacked and prosecuted if they worked at a medium level in a company

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

#54 by Sheldonboy , Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:30 pm

Quote: mikejee wrote in post #53
Quote: Sheldonboy wrote in post #46

A very fair question, but we have been governed by a bunch grossly overpaid ministers who were not voted for by a majority of the country for many years. As long as only the large parties have any influence, even though there is not a majority of voting people ( not constituencies and not by then ministers only elected by the electorate but by a small group of political animals) then we will still have most policy decided by people many of whom are only out for what they can get. True they won't be eurocrats, but there is likely to be less chance of control over the activities of the overlords, a large number of whom , because of their Eton/ Harrow/ Westminster/ whatever background think they can do what they like (see expenses affair where probably half the commons would have been sacked and prosecuted if they worked at a medium level in a company

All quite correct Mike. But these Euro Vultures couldn't be ejected with an A Bomb under their seat. At least our home grown lot get moved on eventually.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

#55 by Voltman , Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:59 am

I find it odd that although we haven't even started the two year exit procedure yet, there are predictions of a "Post Brexit" downturn in our economy, there are claims that it has already started and our foreign exchange rates are still low.
I think we are being taken for a ride by the financial institutions, who will milk the (non existent) situation for all they can for as long as they can.

The David Hey's Collection of Railway Photographs
Calendars for all years
British Movietone

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator
Date registered 02.24.2010

#56 by Voltman , Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:27 am

The remain camp are getting desperate.

A court has ruled that Parliament will have to vote on whether we can use Article 50 to leave the EU.

Who took the case to the High Court?
Investment manager and philanthropist Gina Miller, London-based Spanish hairdresser Deir Dos Santos and a group called the People's Challenge Group.

Calendars for all years
British Movietone

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

#57 by mikejee , Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:36 am

It would seem by that it is the Brexit group that are desparate. they are realising that telling the EU that "we;ve got a lot out of being with you, but now we want out with the same advantages, and that they are in for the chop when those who have been deluded by them realise it. Now some of the crookedest of them , such as the Hitler-supporting Daily Mail are attempting to pervert judicial procedure by their twitterings

mikejee  
mikejee

Founder Member
Date registered 12.26.2009

Last edited 11.05.2016 | Top

#58 by Voltman , Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:14 am

I wonder if so much attention to detail was given when we joined?
I know there was a referendum in which my future was decided,i.e. I will be ruled by the very same Germans that had not long finished bombing us, but was it properly ratified by Parliament before we signed on the dotted line.

Have all the other EU treaties and agreements that we are signed up to been subject Parliaments agreement?
For instance, when it was changed from the Common Market to the subsequent systems of subversion, shouldn't we have been asked?

Calendars for all years
British Movietone

Voltman

Founder Member
Technical Administrator

Last edited 11.05.2016 | Top

Great News for Brexit

#59 by Sheldonboy , Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:37 pm

MPs have voted to back the Government on the Brexit timetable, I didn't think they would.

Sheldonboy

Founder Member
Forum Administrator

RE: Great News for Brexit

#60 by astwood , Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:40 pm

They cant go against the people we pay their wages

astwood  
astwood
Date registered 02.28.2012

Last edited 03.14.2017 | Top

Sidney Powell responds after Trump campaign says she is not part of legal team:
HIGNFY

Thank you for visiting our humble forum, make this your forum by joining us and posting your own thoughts and questions.
Xobor Create your own Forum with Xobor